2012/03 – FRC appoints Board Members to the AASB and AUASB
20 December 2012
The Financial Reporting Council (FRC) today announced appointments as members of the Australian Accounting Standards Board (AASB) and the Auditing and Assurance Standards Board (AUASB).
Appointments to the AASB for 2013 include:
- Mr Peter Carlson, Partner, KPMG;
- Mr Peter Gibson, Assistant Secretary, Department of Finance and Deregulation.
Appointments to the AUASB for 2012 include:
- Ms Jo Cain, Business Director, Beca;
- Ms Valerie Clifford, Partner, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Melbourne (re-appointment);
- Mr Chris George, Partner, Ernst & Young;
- Ms Jane Meade, National Technical Director, RSM Bird Cameron; and
- Mr Bernie Szentirmay, Partner, KPMG (re-appointment)
All appointments are on a part-time basis and have been made for three years, until 31 December 2015.
- Bruce Donald
- FRC Secretary
- +61 2 6263 3144
About the FRC
The Financial Reporting Council (FRC) is the peak body responsible for overseeing the effectiveness of the financial reporting framework in Australia. Its key functions include the oversight of the accounting and auditing standards setting processes for the public and private sectors, providing strategic advice in relation to the quality of audits conducted by Australian auditors, and advising the Minister on these and related matters to the extent that they affect the financial reporting framework in Australia.
The FRC monitors the development of international accounting and auditing standards, works to promote the development of a single set of accounting and auditing standards for worldwide use and promotes the adoption of these standards. It is a statutory body under Part 12 of the Australian Securities and Investments Commission Act 2001.